Friday, January 07, 2011

Simple Man’s Guide to Real Estate --- I do not recommend

When I visited it years ago, the Web site for this "course" or whatever it is had, in white letters on a white background, the following:

Carleton Sheets Don Lapre no money down Wade Cook foreclosures Carlton Sheets Carleton Sheets is OK, but there is a low-cost, more powerful alternative... Carleton Sheets Real Estate Carleton Sheets Real Estate Carlton Sheets Real Estate

The use of such "invisible" words at a Web page is dishonest. Note that I do not have a person's name here for my rating. The Web site for this whatever does not list the name of a single human being or company except for the ones he, she, they claim he, she, they are better than, like Carleton Sheets. That’s strange. A visitor to this page tells me Bill Vaughn is the author.

This Web site has a logo that says "Registered Safer Shopping Site ePublic Eye." A number of readers have noted that logo appearing on other sites of gurus I do not recommend. Apparently, that organization has far lower standards than I.

On 1/26/05, I got an email purportedly from "Chuck Hall, Administrator, IntelliBiz." It says that my statement that they have the above words in white letters on a white background is a "lie." Accordingly, I changed the tense of the first sentence in this review to the past tense. I have not checked their Web site recently. I guarantee that the above statement about white-on-white words was accurate when I first wrote it.

No comments: